Strength, joy, and purpose abound in our contemporary approach to Jewish community
Temple Shalom is a 400-household modern Reform synagogue located where Silver Spring meets Chevy Chase, MD with a 250-student Religious School and top-rated Early Learning Center. Led by our innovative and dynamic clergy, music, and education teams, Temple Shalom celebrates the unique journey of each of our families and members. You belong here.
Come experience what it means to belong to the D.C-area’s only synagogue offering the Gift of Membership program with no first year dues, making it easy to experience why Temple Shalom is your new Jewish home.
- View our streaming link here
- See our full Weekly Services and Programming schedule (with Zoom/Stream links)
- Join the Tikkun Olam Committee January 28, 6:30 pm, for a Havdalah service and dessert.This will be followed by a recorded lecture of Doug Tallamy’s “Nature’s Best Hope” and discussion with Master Gardener Betsy Kingery on how homeowners can take environmental action one yard at a time.
Doug Tallamy is a professor in the Department of Entomology and Wildlife Ecology at the University of Delaware. He has published and lectured convincingly on the benefits of diverse, native urban and suburban landscapes. No gardening experience required!
Please sign up here to let us know you are coming.
- Temple Shalom Early Learning Center Tu B’Shevat Stroller Stroll Sunday, February 5th 4:00 PM - After nap time!
Meet at Ray’s Meadow Located at 2901 East-West Hwy, next to Ohr Kodesh Congregation
We will walk a portion of the Rock Creek Park Trail. The path is stroller friendly and there will be a scavenger hunt for the kids.
Bring a picnic lunch and stay to play at Ray’s Meadow Playground.
RSVP by February 2nd to ten.molahselpmet@CLEirrac
- Sisterhood Challah & Hamantashen Baking Led by Liz Dayan Sunday, February 5, 6 to 8 pm. Temple Shalom Kitchen
Have you ever wanted to bake challah, but you weren’t sure how, or worried that it may come out like matzah? Come learn with us and take home a beautiful big loaf in two hours from start to finish! While the challah is rising, we will make some sweet hamantashen with a variety of tasty fillings.
Please RSVP by February 1. (We need to buy for supplies for all.)