- Religious School or Hebrew School Teacher
Come co-create the Jewish future!
Temple Shalom of Chevy Chase, MD is a social action-driven Reform synagogue seeking inclusive, energetic, and warm Judaic Studies and Hebrew teachers on Sunday mornings & evenings, on Tuesdays afternoons, and Wednesday afternoons and evenings. We are planning on being indoors and masked, with health and safety protocols in place. Please email Rabbi-Educator Josh Gischner at ten.molahSelpmeT@hsoJibbaR to join our Temple family!
Religious School or Hebrew School Teacher
A successful candidate:
- You love Jewish children and teens.
- You have a passion for teaching in diverse student population and are ready to utilize inclusive and accessible classroom management styles and techniques for an array of learners.
- You have experience as a secular and/or religious school teacher, or at Jewish camp. (But if you don’t, Rabbi Josh is excited to support any candidates who are passionate!)
- You are comfortable leading, designing, collaborating on, and implementing lesson plans with support of our clergy and instructional leaders
- You are vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19.
** Camp, youth group, Hillel, Israel trips, and other similar experiences are a bonus! **
- Religious School (Judaic Studies)
- Sunday Morning, 8:45 AM – 11:30 AM | Grades 2nd-5th
- Sunday Evenings, 5:45 PM – 8:00 PM | Grades 6th-9th
- Hebrew School
- Tuesday Afternoon, 4:30-6:00 | Grades 3rd-7th
- Wednesday Afternoon, 4:30-6:00 | Grades 3rd-7th
- Wednesday Evenings, 4:30-6:00 | Grades 3rd-7th
$20-40 / hour commensurate with experience. Temple Shalom follows the Career Ladder for Teachers created by the Long Range Planning Committee of the Education Directors Council of the Washington D.C. area.
Temple Shalom is a social-action driven Reform Jewish community of over 400 families who celebrate the diversity of modern Judaism in the Washington DC area by welcoming members as part of our congregational family, accepting us as we are, and encouraging our personal growth through programs and activities. Temple Shalom places Torah at the center, where serious learning is for everyone, where prayer and music is meaningful, participatory, and powerful, and where people feel a strong sense of belonging. Learn more about Temple Shalom by visiting our website at www.templeshalom.net.