Join us for a meaningful and inspiring High Holy Day experience at Temple Shalom
All of our High Holy Day services will now be outdoors. By shifting all services outdoors, we can offer robust, spiritual, and meaningful in-person worship and programming while reducing concern about the spread of the virus.
- This change from indoor to outdoor services will not affect the timing of services – there will still be an Erev (Evening) Rosh HaShanah Seder and Erev Rosh HaShanah service, two Rosh HaShanah morning services, and two Yom Kippur morning services. There will be one outdoor Kol Nidre service at 8 pm.
- If you requested indoor services, we will automatically move you to the outdoor services that will be at the same time. If, however, you want to change the time of the service you requested from early to late or vice-versa, or if you would like to register for additional services as a result of this change, please email Missy Mandell at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, August 24.
- We will now offer outdoor youth programs and services for Pre-K - 5th graders during BOTH the 8:30 am AND the 11:30 am services. If you would like to register your child(ren) for these programs, please email Missy at email@example.com no later than Tuesday, August 24. If you already registered your children for the 11:30 am outdoor service and program, you do not need to take any additional action.
- Masks are encouraged for all attendees two years of age and older at outdoor services, particularly for those too young to be fully vaccinated. Masks will be available for those in attendance.
- We have a large tent able to protect us from sun and rain. In the unfortunate event of severe weather conditions, services will be streamed from the Sanctuary and available over Zoom and our website.
- For those more comfortable joining us from home, in addition to the services we were already streaming to Zoom and to our website, we will also be streaming the early morning Rosh HaShanah and early morning Yom Kippur services.
The online forms for registering for the High Holy Days are now closed. If you missed registering please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main office to have your request recorded.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this unprecedented time together.
Service and Program Schedule
All services will be held outdoors.
Services with an asterisk (*) will also be available via Zoom. See our Weekly Services and Programming page for links.
Saturday, August 28 - Selichot
- 7:00 pm - Refreshments
- 7:30 pm - Nourish, Exercise, Rest Program, A Selichot Experience
- 9:00 pm - Havdalah and Selichot Services*
Monday, September 6 - Erev Rosh HaShanah
- 5:30 pm - Rosh HaShanah Seder followed by BYO Dinner
- 8:00 pm - Erev Rosh HaShanah Service*
Tuesday, September 7 - Rosh HaShanah
- 8:30 am - Rosh HaShanah Morning Early Service
- 8:30 am Rosh HaShanah Morning Early Service Youth Service
- 11:30 am - Rosh HaShanah Morning Late Service*
- 11:30 am - Rosh HaShanah Morning Youth Service
- 2:00 pm - Family Service*
- 3:00 pm - Tashlich
Wednesday, September 8 - Second Day Rosh HaShanah
- 10:00 am - Second Day Rosh HaShanah Services*
Friday, September 10 - Shabbat Shuva
- 6:00 pm - Shabbat Shuva Services*
Wednesday, September 15 - Kol Nidre
- 8:00 pm Kol Nidre Services*
Thursday, September 16 - Yom Kippur
- 8:30 am - Yom Kippur Morning Early Service*
- 8:30 am Yom Kippur Morning Early Youth Service
- 11:30 am - Yom Kippur Morning Late Service*
- 11:30 am - Yom Kippur Morning Youth Service
- 11:30 am-4:30 pm - Yom Kippur Afternoon Learning Experiences and Programs
- 3:00 pm - Yom Kippur Family Service*
- 4:30 pm - Yom Kippur Afternoon Service*
- 5:30 pm - Healing Service, Yizkor (Memorial Service) and N’ilah (Concluding Service) - (outdoors with optional Sanctuary visits)*
Monday, September 20 - Erev Sukkot
- 6:00 pm - Erev Sukkot Service and BYO Dinner*
Tuesday, September 21 - Sukkot
- 10:00 am - Sukkot Morning Services at Temple Emanuel
Monday, September 27, Erev Simchat Torah
- 5:30 pm - Tot Simchat Torah
- 6:00 pm - BYO Dinner
- 7:00 pm - Erev Simchat Torah Service*
Tuesday, September 28, Simchat Torah
- 10:00 am - Simchat Torah Morning Services at Temple Sinai
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Susan Zemsky, Executive Director at 301-587-2273.