In addition to many virtual experiences hosted by Temple Shalom, we have come across several websites that offer helpful information, community services, and interesting virtual events.
This continues to be a very difficult time. Some of us are handling physical distancing better than others. We know that staying home and staying healthy can be incredibly isolating and we are here for you if you need to talk, reflect, pray, and learn. Thank you to everyone who has stepped up to lead services, classes, check in on one another, let us know how we can help you, and more. The power of this community is incredibly strong even when we can't be physically close. As we physically distance ourselves, our priority is to make sure we are not socially isolated.
- The Montgomery County government with updates on Coronavirus, including information on Seniors-Only Shopping Hours at local grocery stores.
- The Hebrew Free Loan Association of Greater Washington, guided by Jewish values, provides community members with interest-free loans to help them overcome financial challenges with dignity. Emergency loans up to $1,000 are available to those impacted financially by Covid-19.
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington has links to many interesting virtual events.
- PJ Library has fun resources for families, including Arts & Crafts, Kids in the Kitchen, and 15 Unplugged Ideas for Shabbat.
- The Maryland Department of Commerce Covid-19 Emergency Relief Fund Programs for Businesses, for a Maryland-based business impacted by the Coronavirus with under 50 full- and part-time employees, or a Maryland manufacturer.