TEMPLE SHALOM CIRCLE OF GIVING
During her Yom Kippur Speech, President Allison Druin introduced Temple Shalom’s Circle of Giving. Through the Circle of Giving, our community will recognize the special generosity of members who sustain the Temple in good times and bad to assure that no member is ever turned away for financial reasons.
“All beginnings require that you unlock new doors. The key is giving and doing. Give charity and do kindness.” Rabbi Nachman of Bratslav
For this year, the levels of the Circle of Giving will be:
Circle of Giving................... Level
Kavanah (“Direction of the Heart”)....... $12,000 +
Mitzvah (“Moral Deed”)....................... $9,000 - $11,999
Tzedakah (“Righteousness”)...................... $6,000 - $8,999
Membership in the Circle of Giving will be determined in January of each year based on dues and donations (cash and in-kind) to Temple Shalom made from January 1 to December 31 of the previous year. In early 2014, we will honor our first members who qualify for the Circle of Giving in public and private ways in accordance with their preferences. We thank our Members for all that they have done over the years to make Temple Shalom such a special, warm, and welcoming community for us to call our spiritual home. If you have any questions, please contact Temple Shalom’s Executive Director, Susan Goutos Zemsky at 301-587-2273 or by email to email@example.com.
So you want to honor, congratulate or offer some good wishes for:
• New Baby
• Speedy Recovery
• Special Occasion
Do you want to pay tribute to the memory of a loved one?
Please mail a check made out to "Temple Shalom" at:
8401 Grubb Rd
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
You can direct your donation to a specific program by writing one of these special purpose fund names to enrich programming and community at Temple Shalom on the memo section of your check. Contributions are welcome to all Temple Shalom Special Purpose Funds, Indeed, they are what makes the activities supported by each fund possible.
Special Purpose Funds:
- Rabbi Michael Feshbach Mitzvah Fund
- Cantor Lisa Levine Mitzvah Fund
- Rabbi Bruce E. Kahn Mitzvah Fund
- Rabbi Rachel Ackerman Mitzvah Fund
- Rabbi Bruce E. Kahn Endowment Fund
- Adele Lewis Fund: Scholarships to provide training and professional development for teachers in the Temple's religious school to expand their knowledge of Jewish studies and teaching techniques.
- Beautification: Provides resources to enhance the facility and grounds of the Temple.
- Burton Hoffman Fund: Provision of funds to support the Temple's Madrachim program for materials, training & related expenses.
- David Mark Gildenhorn Fund: Scholarships for worthy Temple youth interested in attending summer programs in Israel.
- Flower Fund: For the purchase of floral arrangements for Temple religious services.
- Eli Newberger Speakers Fund: To support getting quality speakers for Brotherhood and Temple events.
- Herman Rosenfeld Fund: Provision of funds to needy families in order to meet Temple Religious School obligations and or loans to Jewish immigrants resettling in the U.S.
- Levinsohn-Feinberg Camp Fund: Scholarships to Temple youth for summer programs at Jewish-oriented camps.
- Library Fund: Provides funds for the purchase of books and library materials
- Mitzvah Corps Fund: Additional resources provided to families in need.
- Temple Shalom Music Fund: Provision of funds to support music programming at Temple
- Oscar Felker Memorial Fund: Scholarships to Temple youth attending leadership training. Trips that enhance the education of Temple members and their children.
- Prayer Book Fund: For the purchase of prayer books.
- Stanley and Phyllis Nehmer Special Events Fund: Provision of financial assistance for expanded Judaic knowledge, social interaction, continuing education and enrichment through the arts.
- Torat Shalom Fund: Provision of funds to sustain the Temple's Saturday morning Torah study program.
- General Fund: Provides Additional funds to operation of Temple Shalom.
- High Holy Day Appeal: To support the operations of Temple Shalom.
- Miscellaneous Donation:To provide a variety of of specific support to Temple Shalom.
For those interested in gifting securities
to Temple Shalom, please read our Contribution of Securities Instructions
and use the following information::
RBC Wealth Management – DTC Instructions
FBO: Temple Shalom
RBC Account: 314-49086
Account Title: Temple Shalom
Address: 8401 Grubb Road Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Please contact T.J. Piggott at RBC Wealth Management at 301-907-2779 if you have any questions.
If you are interested in establishing a new Fund, please call or email Susan Zemsky, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-587-2273.