The Sisterhood at Temple Shalom provides opportunities to promote a sense of fellowship, camaraderie and laughter among its membership of all adult ages. Sisterhood fosters community, education, cultural understanding, and advocates for and promotes progressive Jewish values.All are welcome to join us at any event throughout the year. If you have an inkling that you’d like to meet more Temple members, we encourage you to come out for an event.
Events planned for 2017-2018 are:
- July 21, 2017: Co-host a Welcome BBQ for Rabbi Franken with the Brotherhood
- Oct. 21, 2017: Yenta Event -- the name of the game is CRAFTS!
- Jan. 26-28, 2018: Women’s Retreat in Annapolis -- This is an event not to be missed.
- Feb/March 2018: Sisterhood Service
- March 2018 (Date TBD): Congregational Seder
- Monthly Stitch & Kvetch - Learn a new craft or improve an old one
Stay tuned for more exciting events!
In addition to hosting events throughout the year, the Sisterhood supports temple activities such as providing apples and honey for Rosh Hashanah, giving Hanukkah candles to religious school families, and supplying candlestick holders for B’nai Mitzvah students.
The Sisterhood has a new board this year and will be updating this website on a regular basis. We also will communicate events through the usual temple channels and through social media.
The Sisterhood board is:
- Co-Presidents: Debbie Szyfer and Lori Simon-Rusinowitz
- Treasure: Diane Wechsler
- Digital Communications Chair: Stacey Palosky
- Social Chair: Heidi Lovett
- Artistic Chair: Emily Meyer
- Education Chair and Wise Woman: Rabbi JoHanna Potts
- Board Members: Bev Cohen, Jeannette Gordon, Stefanie Weldon, Beth Janoff, and Susan Gerecht
For more information about the Sisterhood, you are welcome to email email@example.com
Join us for…
Sat, Mar 31 2018