The Sisterhood at Temple Shalom provides opportunities to promote a sense of fellowship, camaraderie and laughter among its membership of all adult ages. Sisterhood fosters community, education, cultural understanding, and advocates for and promotes progressive Jewish values. All are welcome to join us at any event throughout the year. If you have an inkling that you’d like to meet more Temple members, we encourage you to come out for an event or a Sisterhood meeting.
Sisterhood meets on the second Sunday of every month, from 6-8 p.m. at the Temple.
Events planned for 2018-2019 are:
- Jan 2019: Wine & Cheese for TaSTY Jr. parents (Date TBD)
- Feb. 1-3, 2019: Women’s Getaway in Annapolis -- This is an event not to be missed.
- Feb. 22, 2019: Women's Shabbat Service
Stay tuned for more exciting events!
In addition to hosting events throughout the year, the Sisterhood supports temple activities such as providing apples and honey for Rosh Hashanah, giving Hanukkah candles to religious school families, and supplying candlestick holders for B’nai Mitzvah students.
The Sisterhood communicates events through the usual temple channels.
The Sisterhood board is:
- Co-Presidents: Debbie Szyfer and Lori Simon-Rusinowitz
- Treasure: Diane Wechsler
- Digital Communications Chair: Karen Reznek
- Social Chair: Heidi Lovett
- Education Chair and Wise Woman: Rabbi JoHanna Potts
- Board Members: Abby Reznek
For more information about the Sisterhood, you are welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for…
- No events