Here are highlights from this past Sunday's class:
- Music with Ms. Emily-we learned Modeh Ani (morning prayer), "Thank You God", Hebrew body parts song, the Splat Song (about an apple falling from a tree in Hebrew)
- Signed a class brit (agreement) of our class rules that everyone came up with: Be respectful, kind, and a good listener to our friends and teachers; Be positive, ready to learn, and do your best
- See/Think/Wonder about the three symbols of Shabbat: candles, kiddush cup, challah (What do we see, what do we think, what do wonder about them?)
- Freeze Dance to "I'm Happy"
- Question of the day: What are you happy for? What are you thankful for?We learned about creation a few weeks ago. What happened on the 7th day? Shabbat! All week long we ask God questions and for help, but on Shabbat we thank God for everything and don't ask for things for ourselves.
- Watched Gratitude video-https://www.jewishlearningmatters.com/AC2-Be-Grateful-276.aspx
- Drew and wrote what we are thankful for, hopefully we'll make our own gratitude video!
- Library trip
Please remember to return your library books if you didn't last week!
If your child took his/her "Say thank you for" paper, please bring it back (can put in my box in the office) as we will revisit these. Thanks!
This Sunday is Tikkun Olam Day at Temple Shalom! Instead of regular classes, from 9:30AM-12PM, there will be incredible programming for all ages!
Please RSVP here: https://tikkkunolamday2017.eventbrite.com